Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reflection Time

Now and again it does one's soul good to sit back and simply reflect on life. To take a minute and think of those in our lives that we could never imagine living without. To count the many blessings we have, no matter how big or small. To think of all the good times shared with those closest to your heart. To remind ourselves that we need to be thankful everyday for these things and never take them for granted.

I doing just that this morning when I started thinking back to when my wife and I had our first child. The most beautiful baby girl you ever laid eyes on, with thick black hair and fat chubby cheeks. After some time she developed colic, which for a new parent there is nothing worse. It seemed like no matter what we tried there was nothing you could do to comfort her and make her stop crying. Then one night as I walked through the house with her crying in my arms I started softly singing the song "What a Wonderful World" to her.

For some reason she stopped crying and I will never forget those big brown eyes staring back back at me as I sang to her. From then on, whenever she would cry, I would sing that song to her and it would calm her down. So since then, everytime I hear "What a Wonderful Life" it takes me back to that time in my life and makes me thank God for all I have been blessed with in my life.

So I thought I would share my favorite rendition of "What a Wonderful Life" with you this morning.It is just a beautiful song and you can't help but feel good inside when you hear it. Please enjoy.